Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Millionaires

Half of Africa's 75.000 millionaires* live in South-Africa. And they show it. It would take me over a year to see the number of expensive cars in the Netherlands that I see in Camps Bay on one afternoon. In a way, that's weird because Holland is a very rich country, but people don't seem to show off their wealth like they do here. It's rather normal seeing a Lamborghini or Ferrari on a Friday afternoon cruising around the Camps Bay boulevard. Porsches, BMW's and the latest Mercedes are standard issue of course.

The houses are no pieces of cake either. Every day I pass these beautiful apartment buildings with views to die for and I imaging myself living on one of it's floors. But then my boyfriend helps me out of my dream "It's one house, not a block of apartments". Not that it makes that much of a difference, I wouldn't be able to afford it either way.


* in case you are wondering...yes, dollar millionaires, not rands, but dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home