Thursday, April 27, 2006

I miss

Things I miss from the Netherlands:


- Riding my bicycle to a bar where my friends are waiting for me
- Hidden poverty
- All the good fried food: chips with mayonaise, frikadellen, kaassoufflees and those little bami and nasi-thingies you get at parties
- Going to the market to browse and buy some fruit
- Running next to the river Amstel (in Amsterdam)
- Visiting my mother on an impulse
- Going to a park
- The cold air when winter is coming
- The newspapers (compared to the ones here, they're not as bad as the Dutch think)
- Cheap cable television
- The low fat chicken wraps from the Burger King
- Visiting a friend's home, just to end up drinking wine on the couch and making comments about everything and everyone
- The Hennes&Mauritz and Vero Moda shops
- Talking about politics and making jokes about the politicians (and everyone knows where you talking about)
- Big bags of M&Ms
- The columns of Jan Blokker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home